Monday 21 April 2014

mid semester reflection


the first half of the semester is now done and i had tons of fun, looking back on the first half of the semester i realized some things i did good, and some things i could have done better. these are my mid semester reflections.



Six word memoirs
Overall I think I did very well on the six word memoirs. i believe they were good work and on time. When writing them it felt very good because they just flowed out of my head and onto the paper. It is weird that it happened this way but they all ended up rhyming. Something that I could’ve done better was get better pictures. For a few of them the pictures I used were not what I had imagined but because I wanted to get them in on time I used pictures that worked, but were not the ones I really wanted. I learned if I am relaxed and on topic I can think of some creative things. I expressed what I wanted to in six words for each memoir as well as made them all catchy and rhyme. I give myself an A on this assignment.

Ignite presentation.
I think this one could have gone better. For my ideas I believe I did well, and as for putting those ideas to paper I think I also did well. Overall I think my script was really good and really close to what I wanted it to be. A couple of things I could’ve done better would have been getting it done closer to on time. I presented and handed in the assignment at the last possible moment and if I hadn’t procrastinated I think I could’ve done the pictures for the slides better. Some of the pictures were not the ones I wanted to use but I had to improvise because I couldn’t find the ones I wanted in time. Also I think I should’ve just stuck to the script when presenting, I made a few tweaks on the fly and it messed me up a little bit and I think me my ideas less clear to the audience. Overall I would give myself a B.

Blogging.

I will admit I am a bad blogger. I haven’t posted all the assignments that I am supposed to. The ones I have posted were mostly on time however. As for personal posts, I need to improve. I have posted a few but I should post way more. I think I need to reinforce in my head that it is my blog and I can post whatever I want to, because that’s how it really becomes my blog and unique to me. As for being social when blogging, I need to improve, I do visit some of my classmates blogs just when I want to know a bit more about them as a person but I rarely comment which has to improve. Overall I would give myself C.


Connecting and Engaging.
I believe I am good in this aspect. I think I do not miss class regularly but I could be late less often. I have not missed one Skype call with our friends in Thompson and I was a presenter one of the times we called them. As for being socially active in our blogs I could do better. I gave almost everyone comments on their ignite presentations. However I think I do need to comment more because I believe without lots of comments on my other classmates blogs I am missing out on a large portion of what this course has to offer which is the online interactions regarding educational work. Overall I would give myself a B.


3 course related goals.

My first goal is to bump my mark up to at least a 90 in the class. All my other classes this semester are at least a 90 or higher and I don’t want this one to be the one that’s left by the waste side. But in order to do that I understand I have to be here and do my work, which brings me to my second goal, as my second goal I want to finish all assignments that I am missing and then stay up to date on all current assignments. I want to finish the course with no missing assignments. In order to do all my assignments I have to have the time and knowledge, which I can most easily get by attending class regularly and on time. So that means my third goal is to not be absent once, and not late more than 3 times for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment